From annarbor.com, “Top 10 Eastern Michigan University officials collect combined $2.4 million in 2011.” You know, I have to say that I’m not really bothered too much by this list. I think the coaches get paid too much money, but unless EMU wants to get out of the big-time sports business (not a bad idea, never gonna happen) we’re going to pay enormous salaries for those people.
It’s a worthwhile read, but here’s the top 10 list:
- Football coach Ronald English: $367,920
- President Susan Martin: $295,120
- Former Provost Jack Kay: $274,083
- General Counsel Gloria Hage: $227,293
- Vice President of Development Thomas Russell: $220,645
- Assistant football coach Phil Snow: $214,481
- Former basketball coach Edward Ramsey: $202,828
- Chief Financial Officer John Lumm: $197,277
- Athletic Director Derrick Gragg: $196,466
- Social work faculty Donald Loppnow:$194,738
By the way, the next 10 highest paid EMU employees? All faculty, and all but one of them a College of Business prof.